Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Random Thoughts 1

It;s not even been 24 hours since I've made this thing and yet already I feel like I have these thoughts that I need to write down. They will more than likely be a bunch of jumbled thoughts, so bear with me.


Relationships are hard. Flat out hard. For a while, you think that someone is perfect for you. Then you realize that you aren't where you want to be in your life, and you want to personally change. The person, however, will remain the same, and you know that will be a problem later on.

It's like this. Say you are standing on a chair and someone is standing on the ground in front of it. Which is easier? You pulling that person up to you or them pulling you down?

I feel like this is for the best. I enjoyed the time more than anything, this past almost 2 years. But I feel like this is for the best. I'm actually starting to turn to God more and more. Something I've been needing to do for a while. Sure it may suck right now, but I know everything will be alright in the end.


This song has also been in my head for a while now. I first heard it at church last week, hearing my friend Joel play and sing it.


Come All You Weary

Come all you weary with your heavy loads
Lay down your burdens find rest for your souls
Cause my yoke is easy and my burden is kind
I’ll take yours upon me and you can take mine

Come all you weary move through the earth
You've been spurned at fine restaurants and kicked out of church
Got a couple of loaves sit down at my feet
Lend me your ears and we'll break bread and eat

Come all you weary
Come gather round near me
Find rest for your souls

Come all you weary, you crippled you lame
I’ll help you along you can lay down your canes
We’ve got a long way to go but we’ll travel as friends
The lights growing bright further on further in

Come all you weary
Come gather round near me
Find rest for your souls

Rest for your souls

Come all you weary
Come gather round near me
Find rest for your souls

Rest for your souls [x3]


It's a constant reminder for me that no matter what, we can come to God and find rest.


Only a week and a half until I move for college, and yet I can already feel a change in my life, a change in myself. Do I like the change? Of course. But am I afraid of it as well? You bet. I've always enjoyed change, but have feared it just as much as loved it. I know though, i will all be alright.

No comments: