Tuesday, August 19, 2008

College life (minus classes) day 3

So I got up to Western Sunday with my parents. It was pretty crazy trying to figure out where to go and what to do, but we managed to get everything moved into my dorm fairly quickly with the help of some frat boys.

I won't lie to you and say 'oh yeah I've had a great time!'. Sunday was fairly boring. After I got moved in and all set up, Mom and Dad left. After a little while, I had a floor meeting with my RA. He is a really cool guy. After that, everyone met up for a stupid program that I didn't even understand because the speakers weren't loud enough for me to hear where I was sitting. After that, I just went back to my dorm and watched a movie off of iTunes.

Monday started our 'sessions', boring little meetings where they basically tell you everything that has been told to you for the past 8 years. Though, one of the sessions was a play, and that was funny at some points. I made a couple of new friends my floor at lunch, though, I haven't really hung out with them. I met up with Alli when she got up here yesterday and hung out with her, her boyfriend, and one of her friends I've met before, Mike. After that, I went back to my dorm and found some guys just chilling in the hall talking so I joined in.

Turned out, me and a couple of guys share similar tastes in music and we might even come down to Nashville for some concerts together. I also met one guy that is in the dorm right across from me. Real cool guy, very chill. I hung with him for a while and watched some Scrubs with him. His roommate came up after marching band and we hung out in there dorm for hours just playing Call of Duty, watching TV, watching videos on Youtube. It was a fun time.

Today has been pretty boring. I've mainly be hanging with the guy across the hall, B.J. is his name btw. I've been meeting more and more people every hour and it's great. Everything in my dorm is doing good. Except for the no Xbox part. That's the only bad part.

I miss everyone back home though. I can't wait to come back home and visit, but at the same time I want to stay here and define who I really am to all these people that have no clue who I am, what I'm about, and what I represent.

No comments: