Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thoughts 9/21

So, with my last post, I ended with some thoughts that I think are important. Well, in case you don't know me that well, I can be a hypocrite sometimes. Heck, we can ALL be hypocrites sometimes. What I'm talking about is the first line in the last paragraph I posted. The one about not dwelling on the past.

It's hard not to, for anyone. It's just so easy to think about things that have gone by. Jokes, fond memories, anything really. Only recently have I been thinking back. And I've come to this conclusion. (If you people who are reading this have any clue what exactly I am talking about, feel free to talk to me about it. I won't stop you)

Don't let something that you love so much, that literally makes everything in your world so right, get away. So what if there are differences. EVERYTHING has an opposite. Light, dark. Cold, hot. Heaven, Hell. EVERYTHING SINGLE THING IN THIS WORLD. But, differences are a part of life. They create struggle, which is yet another part of life that we have to deal with.

Now, I'm not saying everything you leave behind you in the past is like this. No way. If you can live without it, then you don't need it. But if you go a couple of months without this, and then realize 'Man, what happened to my life? It was so perfect and now, even though it's still great, there's a HUGE element of it missing!'. Don't lose hope. Go back for it. Fight for it. Know that without it, your life would never be the same.

With that said, I'm struggling between figuring out if the element that I'm thinking of is a part of my life that I miss so dearly that I keep shoving it out of my head, hoping never to think about it again and to just move on in life, or if the element is just something I miss but don't really need it.

Either way, I know I want it back. My only option now is to pray about it and hope God can lead me in the right direction in this decision.

1 comment:

teachrmomward said...

Pray through this - everyone brings baggage with them when they enter a new phase in their life. Your past is part of what makes you who you are, but the future hold additional puzzle pieces. Seek those pieces as the previous ones are already used and in place. God will reveal your path if you are willing to seek and wait on him. I love you son!